A settlement was reached with the defendants, and was approved by the British Columbia, Ontario and Québec Courts.
- The claims period for Consumers has now closed.
- The cheques for the approved consumer payments were sent via regular ground mail on August 24, 2022. Important: Requests to replace uncashed cheques must have been received no later than March 1, 2023. Requests received after March 1, 2023 will not be processed.
- The claims period for Volume Licensee claims has now closed.
- The vouchers for the approved Volume Licensee claims were issued via email on August 23, 2022. Volume Licensee Voucher amounts will be redeemable by using the unique and secure link provided in same email.
- K-12 and post-secondary schools in Canada that receive an Education Voucher may submit an Education Voucher Redemption Form for a refund, for having purchased Approved Products for use in Canada, by using the unique and secure link provided by email.
When to apply for an Education Voucher (Updated):
|Phases*||K-12 Schools||Post-Secondary Institutions|
|October 7, 2022 to January 31, 2023 (Phase 1)||Remote and/or underserved, with high enrollment from low socio-economic status groups, Indigenous and/or new Canadians||≤ 5,000 FTE students|
|February 1, 2023 to March 21, 2023 (Phase 2)||All publicly funded||≤10,000 FTE students|
|March 22, 2023 to August 31, 2023 (Phase 3)||All publicly and privately funded||All publicly funded|
|September 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023 (Phase 4)||All schools||All privately funded|
* K-12 schools and post-secondary institutions eligible to apply in an earlier phase may continue to do so in any subsequent phase(s).